Don’t worry here is the solution by using that you can easily reset the Administrator password without any password reset disk or any third party tool.
To reset the Administrator password you need just the Windows product DVD to boot from that.
- Once you have booted from the Windows DVD and the set-up has loaded press SHIFT+F10
- Command prompt will be launched, on the command prompt run the following command to determine your OS volume .
- list vol
- Determine which drive letter is assigned to the OS drive, in my case its D: (mostly the drive letter C: here would be assigned to system drive and the OS drive can have any different drive letter).
- cd windows\system32\
- ren utilman.exe utilman_old.exe
- copy cmd.exe utilman.exe
- Now reboot the computer and on the login screen click Accessibility option, it would launc cmd.
- On cmd type the run the following command UserName with your Administrator account name whose password you want to reset:
- net user UserName *
- Enter the new password and confirm the password.
- cd windows\system32
- del utilman.exe
- ren utilman_old.exe utilan.exe
So we are done with the password reset. Now you can login using the new password.