- Reasons to get message of Runtime error 217 During installation of a program, DLL registration errors are often found. The runtime error 217 is often found due to failure of DLL registration.
- If you are having a related program, then a collision between them at the booting session is quite possible. The error is shown at that time too.
- If some of the windows registry files are missing, the message pops up in your screen. Chances of showing the message is more, if your PC is infected with virus or malware.
- If the installation is incomplete, chances to find the message is more.
How to resolve the issue in windows 7?
- The error message of 217 is seen more often at the time of start-up. For windows 7 and windows 8 or 10, the method of resolving the issue is different. Here is the method of resolving the issue in Windows 7.
- Go to the search box, after clicking on the start icon, at the screen’s right corner. Type there – msconfig.exe and put enter. You might need to give the administrator password there to proceed.
- Click selective start-up option from general tab and from the list uncheck the option – Load start-up.
- After that, get to the service tab and you will find a checkbox to hide all Microsoft services. Check out that and disable the button stating all. Once you do this, at the time of start-up, only the Microsoft items will be invoked and all other performance will be disabled.
- After you have completed the level, press OK and restart the system, the problem is resolved.